THE OLDEST ANIMAL

Once upon a time, a cat, a frog, and a camel gathered near an oasisi in a desert. They wanted to appoint their leader.

It was not easy for them to do that because each of them wanted to be the leader.They almost had a fight because of this.

Luckily, the camel had a bright idea. He proposed that who ever became the oldest could be the leader. All agreed to this idea. The cat told his story first. "When I was born, the earth was still soft. I had to walk very carefully so that I did not sink into the ground. That's why I'm still very careful about the way I walk."

"Oh ! that's nothing," explained the frog."I am sure I'am the oldest. When I was born, the earth was very hot. It was too hot to walk on. The only way to move around was to jump. That's why I still jump rather than walk."

The camel was very amused."When I was born," he told his friends," The earth had not yet been made. There was only sky and a lot of sand everywhere. When my father died, there was no place to bury him so I had to carry him on my back. That's why my back is crooked. Of course, It's very useful as I can keep food and water in it."

Oh hearing what the camel said, the cat and the frog had to agree that he was the oldest. They made him their leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment