Long ago on the top of Mount Kinabalu in Borneo, there lived a dragon. He owned a large and beautiful pearl. People believed that he controlled the weather with it.
The emperor of China heard this and wanted the pearl. He sent his two sons, Wee Ping and Wee San to Borneo to steal it. The princes, together with one hundred soldiers, set sail for Borneo in twelve sailing junks.
When they arrived in Borneo, The set out immediately to find the famous mountain. Their journey up the rugged slopes of Mount Kinabalu proved very difficult. The dragon guarded his cave very fiercely and killed many of their soldiers.
Then Wee San had a clever idea. He climbed a tall tree, so he could see the dragon’s cave. He noted what time the dragon left his cave to hunt for food and what time he returned to it.
The brothers quickly returned to their ships and set sail for China. They sailed safely home. The emperor was thrilled with the pearl and gave a big party to celebrate his sons’ return.
8. sailing junks
10. rugged slopes
19. flew up
Lereng yang kasar
1. What is the text talk about?
2. What is the genre of the text?
3. What is purpose of the text?
4. Mention the orientation part?
5. Mention the complication part?
6. Mention the resolution part?
7. How did Their journey up the rugged slopes of Mount Kinabalu ?
8. He sent his two sons, Wee Ping and Wee San to Borneo to steal it”The underlined word refers to?
9. Then Wee San had a clever idea.
The synonym of The underlined word is…
10. What is the moral value of the text above?