HOW TO MAKE MOBILES
Make some mobiles to decorate your room. You can hang them from the ceiling or on the windows or doors. You need strings, stick and cardboard to make mobiles. How to make it:
1. Take a stick. Tie a piece of string at its centre. Balance the stick from this string. Each end of the stick should not be higher or lower than the other.
2. Draw squares, circles, rectangles, triangles, stars and other shapes on a cardboard. Cut out the shapes.
3. Use string to hang the cut-out shapes on both sides of the stick. Make sure that the stick is balanced.
4. Do the same thing with another stick. Then, tie these two sticks to another stick above them. You can hang other light things like keys, feathers, pencils or sharpeners. They will move easily when there is some wind.
1. The string should be tied…
a. To keys, feathers and sharpeners
b. At both ends of the stick
c. To the door,windows or ceiling
d. At the centre of the stick
2. To make a simple mobile, you need at least…stick
3. It is best to use light things because they….
a. move easily
b. are balanced
c. are colorful
d. are of many shapes
4. The word “decorate” in the first paragraph means to make a place…
5. From the passage, we can see that…
a. It is easy to make mobiles
b. Children like to make mobiles
c. Mobiles can hung anywhere
d. Many things are needed to make mobiles