SMP : SMP NEGERI 2 CIPEUNDEUY
Subject : English
Class / Semester : IX/1
Year : 2012-2013
Time allocation : 2 x 40’
Competence standard :
Giving meaning in transactional and interpersonal conversation simple short spoken to interact with surroundings area
Basic competence :
Comprehend and response to simple transactional ( to get things done) and interpersonal ( to socialiszation) conversation by using many kind of spoken language in accurate, fluent to interact with surroundings area about asking, giving certainly and doubt.
I. Learning Purpose :
At the end of learning process, the students are able to :
Giving expression about asking and giving certainly
Giving expression and responding doubt
II. Learning Subject
1. The Expressions
a. Asking,giving dan express certainty
Asking for certainty- Really?
- Are you sure?
- Are you certain?
- Are you really certain about that,Sir?
- I.m sure about it
Giving certainty- I’m quite sure that she will come soon.
- I’m absolutely sure about the news
- I have no doubt about it
- I’m absolutely certain that he told me the truth.
Express uncertainty- I’m not sure that…
- I am not certain…
- It could not be that..
- It’s very unlikely that…
- I hesitate…
- I’am afraid it won’t
Expressing doubt- I’m afraid I’m not sure
- Sorry, I’m not sure about that
- I’m doubtful
- I doubt it
- I’m not really sure that he told me the truth
Responding to doubt- Please don’t worry
- Everything will be fine
- Don’t be worried to much
- Next time better
- I think you don’t need to be worried about it
Ichan : Anang told me that his father is going to buy him a car. Is that true?
Handy : I’m sure he told you the truth. I heard his father mentioned about it.
Anang : Are you sure about that?
Handy : Absolutely. I was there when his father mentioned about it.
Anang : unbelieveable. He was just a kid.
III. Learning Methode :
1. Learning Question
IV. Langkah-Langkah Pembelajaran
a. Preface activity
1. The students response to teacher’s questions to build
2. The students response to teacher’s questions about attendance
3. Active participating in learning process
4. The teacher gives some questions which related previous
lesson with the next subject
5. The teacher explains the learning purpose or basic
competence that will be achieved
6. The teacher gives the subject range and its assessment
b. Core Activity
1. Student asks about how to express asking,
giving certainly in custom/, tradition
2. Student asks about the asking,
giving certainly dialogue
3. Students in pair are given a role card
4. Student makes simple sentence related to the role card
5. Student practices asking, giving certainly in spoken
6. Student performances a dialogue in pair
in front of the class
c. Last activity
1. Student listens to the node about subjects
that learned by teacher
2. Student gives reflection/comment about the subject that
and please subject or not
3. Student are given structured task to strengthened
4. Student listens to teacher’s expectations and advice
5. Prepare the next subject
1. English in Focus 2
2. Role card
4. LKS Galileo
VI. Structured assigment
Student performances a dialogue in front of the class
Competence achievement indicator
Asking and giving certainly
Technical form : Performance
Instrument : Perform s dialogue in front of the class base
on the role card
Express your doubt or certainty based on the following situations
1. You want to call your friend but the signal is low
2. You want to play the CD but the CD player is broken
3. You want to buy a hand phone but you do not have enough money for it
4. You want to buy calculator and your uncle gave you some money
5. You want to listen to an English news. Your father bought a new radio